This recipe can be changed to any vegetables suitable for stuffing...
- 2 large zucchini, halved
- 2 medium capsicums (yellow, red or green), halved
- 2 tomatoes, halved. Use a spoon to scoop out excess flesh and seeds from vegetables
- 1 cup of grated or crumbed cheese. Use any hard or crumbly cheese of your choice, for example: parmesan, feta, gruyere, cheddar
- 1 cup of finely minced herbs, choose one or more of the following: parsley, thyme, sage, chives, spring onions
- 1 tbs lemon zest, optional
- Cooked rice or ground meat, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients besides the vegetables to make the filling.
- Spread a thin layer of the filling onto the zucchini.
- Fill capsicums and tomatoes with the remaining paste.
- Heat the cooking surface, brush with oil.
- Place the capsicums in the centre of the surface, next the tomatoes, and lastly the zucchini on the outer edge. This way the cooking time can be more or less the same for all vegetables.
- Cover with the lid and cook until vegetables are soft.
This recipe can be changed to any vegetables suitable for stuffing. The three in the titles are some suggestions. The cooking time may vary according to the type of vegetable used. The filling remains the same. You may have to part-cook vegetables such as butternut pumpkin or potatoes.